13/01/2013 PRIZES WINNERS FROM THE TRAVEL SHOW AT MYTHOLMROYD COMMUNITY CENTRE
The List of Prize Winners is as follows:
03/01/12 - NEW OPENING HOURS
We are now open Saturdays!
Monday to Friday - 9:00am till 5:00pm - Later by appointment.
Saturday - 9:00am till 4:00pm
Sundays - Closed
30/12/11 - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Keep updated with great offers and news...
20/12/12 - CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS
Friday 23rd December: 09:00 - 12:00
Saturday 24th December: CLOSED
Monday 26th December: CLOSED
Tuesday 27th December: CLOSED
Wednesday 28th December: 10:00 - 16:00
Thursday 29th December: 10:00 - 16:00
Friday 30th December: 10:00 - 16:00
Saturday 31st December:CLOSED
Monday 2nd January: CLOSED
Tuesday 3rd January: 09:00 - 17:00
02/12/11 - TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY
We are feeling all festive in the office...you may even get a mince pie if we havent eaten them all!
09/11/11 - A ROYAL VISIT TO TUNISIA
Rumor has it that Tunisia will be inviting the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit, in order to show how the country has turned itself around following the Jasmine Revolution....We think Tunisia is a great place for anyone wanting to relax in the sunshine throughout the year....and with over 3000 years of history, there lots to see and do if you like a more active or cultural trip!
09/11/11 - EASYJET GOES TO ICELAND
A once inaccessible place to reach in the world...is now becoming a much more easy to reach country. Low cost carrier Easyjet will begin flights from Luton to Icelands capital Reykjavik in March 2012. Flights will go on sale tomorrow...and if sucessfuly we are hoping they will start to depart from Northern Airports.
01/08/11 - CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR GETAWAYS
This week on the radio was all about ideas for Christmas and New Year Breaks! As our summer months (what summer?) draw to a close, we are now helping our clients with their plans to get away over the winter period. But for those who dont want to go too far from home...we have lots of short UK breaks available, where you can spend your Christmas or celebrate in the New Year!
- Just a short drive away is The Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate. This 4* hotel is £240pp for 3 nights, over Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day...including lots of great entertainment and yummy cuisine!
- Or how about a trip to Carlisle on Christmas Eve for 2 nights at the 4* Hallmark Hotel, where you will be greeted with mulled wine and warm mince pies on arrival..for just £175 pp.
- With Christmas over why not head away to The Chatsworth Hotel in Eastbourne for 2 nights from 30th December, with a welcome cocktail party, and New Years black tie evening gala for ust £215 pp.
- Whisk yourself away to the beautiful 3* Hackness Grange in Scarborough on New Years Eve, for 3 nights. With a Champagne and canape reception, Champagne breakfast and Tea and Christmas cake by the log fire...sounds magical for just £395pp
31/08/11 - OUR NEW OFFICE
Welcome to our newly refurbished office....See more pictures
31/08/11 - LA TOMATINA FESTIVAL
La Tomatina Festival is the the annual Tomato throwing festival is taking place today in the Spanish town of Bunol. The festival usually brings in between 20,000 to 40,000 people to the town, with the events beginning at around 10am. Hoards of trucks head into the centre of the town piled high with tomatoes. In preparation for the events shop keepers cover the outsides of their shops with plastic sheets and those who take part in the event are strongly encouraged to wear protective goggles and gloves.
This annual festival has been a strong tradition in Bunol since the 1940’s and takes place in honour of the towns patron St Luis Bertran and St Mare de Deu.
24/08/11 - REFURBISHMENTS
Whitesands Travel is back open for business today after a couple of days closed due to our refurbishment! We have been totally refreshed and the agency looks fabulous! Come in to see what we have done! Photo's coming soon!
19/08/11 - REFURBISHMENTS
We are having the agency completely refurbished!! We will be closed for business from Saturday 20th August to Tuesday 23rd August....we will be back open for business on Wednesday 24th August! Its out with the tired blue interior and endless racks of brochures and in with a chic modern travel office, enabling a more comfortable and focused environment where we can organise all your travel thoughts!
17/08/11 - FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
As the summer months in Europe are clad with all varieties of festivals...today we discussed some of the most popular choices that we can assist you in planning! The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is currently taking place in Scotland and is an excellent event attracting visitors from all over the world. The Tattoo is currently taking place, with the final ceremony on 27th August! An upcoming event is the Belgium Beer Festival, in Brussels taking place in October 2011..we can organise your return travel, accomodation and festival entrance.
Things to remember about annual festivals and events in Europe...
- Plan ahead in advanced...many of the festivals sell out almost immediatley!
- Make the most out of your trip... find out about what else there is to see and do around your festival and event!
- We can organise puit together you festival/event tickets, accomodation, flights, executive coach travel or ferries to get you to your festival and event!
If you have any queries or questions about festivals and events, and you would like us to help plan you trip do not hesiitate to contact us!
16/08/11 - MONEY MATTERS
Today we had a live radio section with Pheonix Radio, a local radio based in Halifax! We had a spot on a feature they run called Money Matters, where we were able to discuss how our clients can spend their holiday funds cost efficiently! We discussed what the advantages are of booking your holidays and travel plans through a travel agency. As an independent travel agency Whitesands Travel can provide impartial advice when searching for your holidays. Being independent gives us the opportunity to recommend tour operators that we are not financially connected to therefore we provide a wider choice of suppliers.
We then went to look at how to save money with extra service that our clients may require, for example airport parking, currency, airport lounges and insurance. Travelling tips to remember....
- Independant travel agents offer impartial travel advice.
- Ensure you have taken out adequate insurance
- Pre book your airport parking before you travel..it can save you alot of money!
- Consider the meal deals in some of the airport shops...these can save you money and can be cheaper than plane food!
10/08/11 - PROTECTING YOUR HOLIDAYS
Keeping in line with recent events todays topic for discussion at the radio was where our clients stand when Travel Company has ceased trading. Unfortunatley we did have one client who had booked with a company who recently went into administration. Our client was fully protected under ATOL as we packaged the holiday together, so they will be refunded with the full cost of the holiday! Heres some things to bear in mind...
- Booking online can in some cases be less expensive...however beware of the traps...if any probelms occur with the Travel Company you have booked with, you may not be covered/assisted if your holiday is not a fully protected package.
- What seems to be a package...quite often isnt..and is often two separate contracts..always read the small print!
- If you have any questions or queries regarding this topic please do not hesitate to contact us.
05/08/11 - LUGGAGE AND BAGGAGE
This week we joined Jeff at the Calderdale hospital radio where they discussed Luggage and Baggage allowances and restrictions...a travel topic we are often asked about by our clients...heres some tips to remember...
- Cross pack your luggage between your party travelling
- Dont put your address on the luggage label...put the travel agent address!
- Check the airlines weight limit for luggage and hand luggage
- Make sure there are no restricted items in your hand luggage
- Check airlines limit for the size of your hand baggage
02/05/11 - VIRGIN V ROOM
This new airport lounge exclusively for Virgin Passengers. Avoid the hustle and bustle of the terminals and relax in peace and quiet! Theres lots to keep the kids entertained and what a great way to start your holiday in style! Want to kill some time before you fly...Theres also plenty of entertainment, with Virgins very own wifi (V-Roam) and a great selection of snacks and drinks on offer too!
08/04/11 - BRITISH ISLES CRUISE'S
Church Ladies Guild
We were recently invited back by St Michaels Church Ladies Guild to give a talk on holidays. As in keeping with the cruise theme, we spoke about the time when we created a cruise holiday with one of the major cruise companies and we were fortunate enough to escort the group on the voyage around the British Isles. Several ports of call were visited and almost all included a tailor- made excursion to visit the local area, taking in the scenery and attractions. A quiz was held with prizes of chocolates, key rings and cuddly toys. There is currently an offer of a British Isles Cruise departing on the 6th September ’11 from Liverpool.
06/04/11 - WEEKLY CALDERDALE RADIO SPOT
We now have a weekly spot on Calderdale's Hospital Radio on Wednesday mornings, at the local hospital in Halifax, where we spoke and advised listeners about the many aspects of Travel. Patients can tune into the weekly show in conjunction with Captain Chaos - AKA Jeff Kirby. We will also be supporting the hospital and working with the childrens ward. The tour operators that we at Whitesands Travel work closely with have also helped to provide a smile on children's faces with a donation of small cuddley toys.
At the beginning of April we spoke about Tunisia and Egypt so it was camels on the childrens wards.
04/04/11 - NEW FLIGHTS
Manchester to Las Vegas
Why not try your luck at one of the many casinos in this desert resort. Depart from Manchester Airport which travel to Sin CIty on Thursdays and Sundays.
04/04/11 - NEW ONLINE PRESENCE
Welcome to our new website, where you'll find lots of information about our business, travel news, destination guides and travel blogs from our teams latest worldwide voyages!!
Make an Enquiry
Contact our team on
01422 847 847
Or perhaps you would like to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or why not fill out our
Where would you like to go?